As part of our mission statement to connect people with God and others, we desire for people to be know in a way that is not possible in a large gathering. Our home groups typically operate on Sunday evenings in homes all over Linn County. Each Sunday we provide questions based off the sermon to guide a discussion time into deeper spiritual understanding. If you are looking to connect with others, flesh out the sermon in your own life, and invest yourself with a group of loving believers, home groups is for you! Click below to get signed up!
“The God-Man” John 1 October 20th, 2019
1. Do you like to read mysteries? What is a good mystery you have read about… or heard about recently?
2. What is a mystery of life that you have trouble understanding or explaining?
3. How would you explain to someone that Jesus is fully man and fully God? Why does it matter that Jesus is both?
4. The Gospel of John provides many references to Jesus’ deity. What do the following references teach us about the divine nature of Jesus?
1:33-4 1:14 5:37 5:39 6:35 8:12 8:42 8:58 10:9 10:30 11:25-26 12:44 17:5 17:11
5. Not everyone would say that Jesus is God. What are some of the things said about Jesus that make Him less than God?
6. What does it mean that Jesus was “fully man”? How does Genesis 3:15 speak of a promised Redeemer?
7. What examples of Jesus humanity can you think of from the Bible?
8. How can Jesus be fully human and yet never sin? See Hebrews 2:17-18; 4:15-16
9. Why does this subject of Jesus as “fully God” and “fully man” really matter? How different would your life be if either of these were not true?